Membership in ETMC EMS protects you and your family
A low annual fee covers you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence (those younger than age 21 or 25 if in college) for medically necessary* transports by ETMC ambulances and Air 1 helicopter.
$50 fee for renewal membership with health insurance Aug. 1 – Sept. 30
$60 fee for renewal membership with health insurance starting September 1
$60 fee for a new membership with health insurance
$68 fee for new or renewed membership without health insurance
Your ETMC EMS membership protects you from out-of-pocket expenses. It prepays any portion of the ambulance or eligible air transport charges not covered by insurance or Medicare.
Benefits of membership in ETMC EMS
- Full coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members with health insurance.
- Fifty percent coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members without health insurance.
- Coverage of the portion not reimbursed by insurance for medically necessary* non-emergency transportation to or from a hospital or nursing home, including any coinsurance and deductible.
- Coverage for all qualified members of your household (you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence who are younger than age 21 or 25 if in college).
Not included is transportation to or from physicians’ offices, pharmacies, physical therapy centers, dentists’ offices or facilities outside the service area.
“I just enjoy the people I work with and knowing our folks – our medics and EMTs – are so talented. They’ve got a lot of knowledge and know how to deal with the stressful times they face, and they do a great job.”
– Neal Franklin, general manager for ETMC EMS in Texas
Count on the one that covers East Texas
ETMC EMS covers all of Henderson County, most of Smith County and parts of Cherokee, Collin, McLennan and Wood counties. It includes coverage for medically necessary* transports to and from hospitals in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Lufkin.
Peace of mind if you need emergency transport
Medical emergencies are stressful and bring unplanned expenses. But ETMC EMS membership gives you peace of mind: In a time of crisis, you won’t have the added worry of another big bill.
All it takes is a low annual fee – now payable online, so your protection begins at once – and you may pay by check, money order or credit card.
In many cities, an installment plan is available, in which the fee is paid through monthly water bills. If you pay in this manner, please note that you are making a one-year commitment and the fee must be paid each month for your membership to be valid.
Once you sign up, you’re enrolled electronically. There’s no card to carry or show when you need ETMC EMS services. Another convenience of ETMC EMS!
How to sign up for ETMC EMS membership
- Sign up online here (protection starts immediately)
- Or call 1-800-642-JOIN (5646) to ask for information and a membership application
- Then mail us your completed membership application
* “Medically necessary” is defined as specific need of ambulance transportation to or from a healthcare facility (hospital, nursing home) within the ETMC EMS primary service area where use of alternative forms of transportation (wheelchair transports, private car, taxi) would be medically inappropriate given the patient’s condition. ETMC EMS reserves the right to require physician certification of medical necessity for all non-emergencies. If abuse is found to exist, ETMC EMS reserves the right to terminate membership.