What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You or your physician will call for the initial appointment. An appointment will be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you.
- Bring all medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications and a list of allergies with you on your first visit.
- Bring insurance information for verification.
- Your initial evaluation could take two hours. This time is spent taking a complete history and physical, wound evaluation, photographs, blood work and other non-invasive tests to assist in individualizing your treatment plan.
- Consultation appointments with specialty physicians, surgeons, radiology and diabetes education departments or other services will be made based on your needs.
If you would like to save time on your first visit, you can download your patient history form and fill it out in advance. Just bring the completed form when you come to the The Wound Healing Center. Download Patient History Form
You Are the Key to Success.
Much of the success of your wound treatment depends on your level of commitment and participation. As an active member of your wound management team, you will need to follow directions carefully, watch your progress closely and keep your appointments.
Remember: your wound healing staff is available to answer any questions concerning your treatment program.