Partnering for better healthcare
Founded and built in 1949 as Trinity Memorial Hospital, ETMC Trinity began its affiliation with the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System in 1997. In the agreement, ETMC accepted management responsibilities for the hospital and agreed to work closely with the TMH District Board to upgrade the hospital’s facilities.
Since that time, significant investment in the hospital’s physical plant has enhanced the level of services available. Through our partnership with the TMHD Board, we have been able to renovate the emergency department and waiting areas, construct a new 15-bed patient wing, two surgery suites, hospital entrance, lobby and admitting areas and kitchen and cafeteria.
Our ETMC First Physicians clinic was expanded in 2011. It offers physicians and physician assistants providing family medicine, internal medicine and pediatric care. In 2013, our clinic expanded to house a separate pediatric area with its own waiting area, office space and exam rooms. The clinic also offers visiting specialists in podiatry, cardiology and counseling.
Today’s ETMC Trinity
Today, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. We operate a 24-hour emergency department, which is designated a Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas.
We also provide inpatient care and a wide variety of diagnostic services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
ETMC also provides a variety of other medical programs in Trinity County, such as ETMC Home Health and ETMC EMS.