Giving our patients great care is job No. 1
At ETMC Pittsburg, our patients come first – and that’s why they repeatedly give us high marks on the national HCAHPS patient satisfaction survey* for providing a great patient experience.
Patients love our beautiful, clean, state-of-the-art hospital. But mostly they rave about our nurses, doctors and team members, who take extra time to discuss everything from meal preferences to medical information. Taking extra special care of our patients will always be job No. 1 at ETMC Pittsburg.
“We consistently have high patient satisfaction scores, and really, it’s a combination of having a very clean, modern facility with a lot of employees who are born and raised in this community. They work really well together and they have a lot of pride in the hospital and the care they provide here.”
– J. Warren Robicheaux, ETMC Pittsburg administrator
ETMC Pittsburg has a range of medical services, close to home
It’s our goal for area residents to be able to receive as many healthcare services as possible near home. For instance, the only gastroenterology specialist in the area treats patients at ETMC Pittsburg.
Here you’ll find a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including
- 24-hour emergency department, designated as a Level IV trauma center
- Level III stroke support facility designation by the state of Texas
- 25 inpatient beds with telemetry monitoring that collects and transmits data to increase patient safety
- full-time hospitalist services
- dietary therapies and services
- swing bed care for Medicare patients
- advanced radiology and diagnostic imaging technologies
- on-site laboratory services
- general and outpatient surgical services
- decontamination room, negative pressure rooms, infection control measures and community disaster preparedness planning
- SHAPE award-winning cardiovascular program including calcium scoring
- cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- gastrointestinal lab and services
- pulmonary testing and respiratory therapy
- pain management procedures
- physical, occupational and speech therapies
- outpatient infusion therapy
- the Patty and Bo Pilgrim ETMC Olympic Center
- ETMC Center for Sleep Disorders for identifying and treating sleep conditions
ETMC also provides a variety of other medical programs in the area, such as ETMC Home Health and ETMC EMS. To learn more, call 903-946-5000.
Your one stop for primary care and specialists
The ETMC First Physicians clinics in Pittsburg feature physicians who are skilled in these disciplines of primary and specialty care:
- ENT (ear, nose and throat)
- family medicine
- GI (gastroenterology)
- gynecology and women’s health
- internal medicine
- pain management
- vascular care
We offer extended evening and Saturday hours, and walk-ins are welcome. We accept Medicaid, Medicare and most insurance plans. To make an appointment at one of our ETMC First Physicians clinics, call 903-946-5442.
Offering guests a warm welcome, tasty meal and more
Helpful volunteers greet and direct visitors as they enter the grand lobby, where a host of customer services can be found, including our peaceful chapel with visiting chaplains. One of the most popular features is our cafe, serving homemade breakfasts and lunches. Other guest amenities include free internet access, televisions and telephone service, and ATM and vending machines.
Come let us treat you right at ETMC Pittsburg — where our doctors and nurses have high ratings for patient satisfaction, and everything from parking to prescriptions is convenient.
“We genuinely care about our patients and I think that does make us a little bit different. They’re our neighbors and our friends. They trust us to take care of them and that’s what we do.”
– Christine Pepper, RN, ETMC Pittsburg case manager
*HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) is a national survey of patients’ recent hospital stays. Results can be found at www.hcahpsonline.org/StarRatings
The heart program at ETMC Pittsburg is accredited by the Society of Heart Attack Prevention and Eradication. As a SHAPE national center of excellence, we’re committed to improving patient outcomes through the early detection and prevention of coronary artery disease, thereby reducing the number of heart attacks and deaths each year.