Orthopedic care excellence in Tyler and East Texas
The board-certified and fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons at the ETMC Orthopedic Institute provide a full range of orthopedic care for bones, joints, tendons and ligaments. Whether it’s minimally invasive arthroscopic joint surgery, sports medicine, total joint replacement, limb repair, orthopedic trauma surgery at the ETMC Level I Trauma Center or highly specialized hand microsurgery, we have an orthopedic specialist who can help restore mobility and get you moving again.
The ETMC Orthopedic Institute was founded to consolidate orthopedic services including treatment for all bones and joints and diseases of the skeletal system. Primary care physicians across the region count on our specialized services as they make referrals. Through outreach and clinics, we practice the ETMC philosophy of bringing excellent healthcare services wherever they’re needed.
Our institute is also aligned with Azalea Orthopedics, the region’s leading independent group of orthopedics specialists. The high degree of specialization within Azalea Orthopedics adds an unparalleled dimension of expertise and excellence to the care we offer.
Together, we care for patients, conduct research through FDA studies and network with other physicians and the specialty services offered within the ETMC healthcare system.
The ETMC Orthopedic Institute puts you back in motion with a range of services:
- Advanced in-house orthopedic services
- A dedicated on-site durable medical equipment specialist
- Bilingual staff throughout the clinic
- 24-hour Level 1 trauma orthopedic services
- Sports medicine clinics
Our fellowship-trained orthopedic specialists specialize in a variety of procedures:
- Minimally invasive procedures including anterior hip replacement surgery
- Sports medicine and treatment of athletic injuries
- Care for sprains, dislocations and joint pain
- Arthroscopic surgery for shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
- Cartilage tear repair and grafting
- Arthritis and bursitis management
- Carpal and tarsal tunnel treatment
- Broken bone repair and complex fracture care
- Reconstructive orthopedic surgery
- Total joint replacement surgery (arthroplasty) including shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee and ankle implants
- Treatment for foot and ankle injuries and deformities, bunions, hammertoes, flat feet and diabetic foot
- Non-invasive orthotripsy treatment for tennis elbow and heel spurs
- Microsurgery for hand injury and repair
- Dupuytren’s contracture treatment
- Ganglion cyst removal
- Microscopic nerve and blood vessel surgery
- Physical rehabilitation and occupational therapy at ETMC Rehabilitation Centers throughout East Texas