Orthopedic excellence and care
Whether it’s due to arthritis, a sports injury, a fall or just everyday wear and tear, if you live with pain it can feel as if your whole life revolves around your discomfort.
The ETMC Orthopedic Institute was created to consolidate our many state-of-the-art treatments for all bones, joints and diseases of the skeletal system. Primary care physicians from across the region count on our specialized services as they make referrals – sending you to us to receive the best care.
Through outreach and clinics, we practice the ETMC philosophy of bringing excellent healthcare and services wherever they’re needed. Our board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons provide a full range of orthopedic care for bones, joints, tendons and ligaments. Whether it’s minimally invasive arthroscopic joint surgery, sports medicine, total joint replacement, limb repair, orthopedic trauma surgery at our Level I Trauma Center or highly specialized hand microsurgery, we have an orthopedic specialist who can help restore mobility and get you moving again.
Our institute is also aligned with Azalea Orthopedics, the region’s leading independent group of orthopedic specialists. The high degree of specialization within Azalea Orthopedics adds an unparalleled dimension of expertise and excellence to the care we offer. Together, we care for patients, conduct research through FDA studies and network with other physicians within other specialty services offered by the ETMC healthcare system.
“I’m going to do everything I can to take care of the patient’s family just as I would my own.”
– Joseph Conflitti, MD, orthopedic surgeon
We believe it just makes sense to create a healthcare system that’s easier and more accessible for all of our patients. That’s why we invest in a range of services to that help make orthopedic care more convenient to you, including
- advanced in-house orthopedic services
- a dedicated on-site durable medical equipment specialist
- bilingual staff throughout the clinic
- 24-hour Level I trauma orthopedic services
- sports medicine clinics
Our fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons specialize in a variety of procedures:
- minimally invasive procedures including anterior hip replacement surgery
- sports medicine and treatment of athletic injuries
- care for sprains, dislocations and joint pain
- arthroscopic surgery for shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
- cartilage tear repair and grafting
- arthritis and bursitis management
- carpal and tarsal tunnel treatment
- broken bone repair and complex fracture care
- reconstructive orthopedic surgery
- total joint replacement surgery (arthroplasty) including shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee and ankle implants
- treatment for foot and ankle injuries and deformities, bunions, hammertoes, flat feet and diabetic foot
- noninvasive orthotripsy treatment for tennis elbow and heel spurs
- microsurgery for hand injury and repair
- Dupuytren’s contracture treatment
- ganglion cyst removal
- microscopic nerve and blood vessel surgery
- physical rehabilitation and occupational therapy at ETMC Rehabilitation Centers throughout East Texas
“I believe that treatment starts with taking the time to listen to a person, followed by helping them to understand all of their options.”
– Alireza Behboudi, DO, orthopedic surgeon
For more information, please call 903-596-3844. To make an appointment at the ETMC Orthopedic Institute, please call 903-596-3862.