A world-class cancer program … in our part of the world
People dealing with the struggles of cancer can rest assured that they can receive high-quality care without traveling outside of our region. That’s because nearly 30 years ago, ETMC made a commitment to providing world-class cancer diagnostic and treatment services right here in East Texas. From our flagship facility— the ETMC Cancer Institute in Tyler—and extending through our regional intake network of hospitals and clinics, patients across the region can stay near home and be confident that they are receiving advanced cancer care services close to home.
The mission of the ETMC Cancer Institute is to prevent, detect and treat cancer with dedication to the health of the people of East Texas. To accomplish this mission, we are committed to the following standards:
The ETMC Cancer Institute will
- Provide for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients to promote quality of life in a compassionate manner.
- Create superior multidisciplinary programs in order to provide the most appropriate and high-quality cancer care.
- Assure that a highly trained professional staff will provide our patients with the best available resources and technology in order to render the most advanced patient care.
- Continually improve the quality of our patient care by assessing and improving managerial, clinical and support processes that affect patient outcomes.
- Manage our financial and human resources in an effective manner that contributes to the fulfillment of our mission.