Our YouthFirst Children program offers help for children ages 5 to 12 as well as their families.
We provide expert treatment to help children and families experiencing mental and behavioral health problems. Our goal is to help get lives back into balance. We welcome physician, family and even self-referrals.
Many children can benefit from the program:
- The child who is anxious or withdraws from family, friends or favorite activities
- The child whose grades go down
- The child whose eating habits deteriorate
- The child who cries too often
- The child who rages, or frequently explodes
- The child who talks of suicide
YouthFirst Children provides a host of support resources:
- Separate unit for children ages 5 to 12
- Board-certified child/adolescent psychiatrists on staff
- Trained staff members, including certified child/adolescent therapists
- Inpatient stabilization and treatment programs available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Parenting education
- Family-centered treatment plans
- Continuous review of treatment plans to monitor progress toward identified goals
- Discharge and aftercare planning before treatment begins to coordinate a productive return to family, school and community, with appropriate follow-up care
Treatment is covered by Medicaid and most insurance plans.